2 Blade Shaft Drive
The latest propeller in the Sea hawk line up, first released as a a two-blade model July 2003, the Slipstream range of Geared Folding Sailboat Propellers. This range was designed using many years of collective experience to achieve three main goals:
- Outperform competing brands
- Provide a long service life, while being user serviceable without specialist skills.
- Develop an enhanced product at a comparable price.
- Geared design keeps blades synchronized, allowing the blades to fold back properly regardless of the propeller position, even at low speeds – No crawling into the bilge to position the shaft when racing
- Sizes from 14″ to 20″ diameter
- All Stainless Steel construction for superior life using low carbon 316L grade stainless steel. Being a similar metal as most prop shafts it is less likely to promote electrolysis, the most common cause of prop failure.
- Large Blade area for excellent thrust, with unique blade geometry resulting in a smoother and more reliable opening of the blades, particularly when shifting into reverse, whilst travelling forward.
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene thrust plates* on either side of the blades prevent metal-to-metal wear of blade on body.
- Blades pivot on replaceable Nibral bushes*, these can be easily pressed out and replaced, compared to the traditional over sizing or welding/redrilling
- Easily replaced Polyurethane ‘Bump-Stop Pads’* reduce the ‘clunk’ of the blades hitting the stop faces when shifting into forward, plus eliminates the wear on the back of the blades and the body
- Blade pivot pins* are double screwed* at BOTH ends for increased security of blades
- All wear components are user-serviceable, “self-service” kits are available for when the time comes to refurbish the propeller (items with * are included in the kit)
- Available to suit shafts from 1″ to 1½”
- Five-year warranty against material and manufacturing defects
Each propeller is supplied with:
- Comprehensive instructions
- Hex key for pivot pin and locking screws
- Two types of Loctite to secure all screws and nuts
- Spare polyurethane bump stop pad
- Stainless steel shaft nut and key